1. Battle Without Honor or Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei

This is the classic opening track for this kind of mix. When I was younger, my father (who is secretly as nerdy as I am) used to talk about what he would wish for if he were granted 3 wishes. The point was, you can't wish for things like money and women, because you can potentially get those in real life without magical intervention. So you have to use them for things like super-powers and such, things you could never, ever acquire in real life. The one that I always wanted was slow motion musical montage scenes in my real life. You know, those killer scenes in movies where the music plays as the hero or villain or whomever, enters all in slow motion with kick ass music in the background, and everyone just seems to pick up on how bad-ass they are, but no one looks around and goes, "where the fuck is this music coming from?" I want that to happen in my life. These are some of the songs that I have chosen for such occasions, this one possibly being the best. I mean, Quentin Tarantino used it in Kill Bill to make Lucy Liu and a bunch of skinny Asian kids look cool, so it would have to work for me, right? OK, so maybe not, but the tune is bitchin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment