11. Rock n Roll Queen - The Subways

Guy Ritchie and I are all good again, now that he heavily featured The Subways in his new flick, RockNRolla.  They have been my new favorite band since I saw them at SXSW a couple of years ago, and I can not believe they are still together.  The little English 3 piece garage rock band that could is made up of some 20 something guitar prodigy, his step-brother on drums, and his waifish punk rock blond pixie girlfriend on bass.  In other words, in the world of sex, drugs, and rock and roll they are most likely fucked.  I love both albums, and was super stoked to see that not only is this, their first single, featured in the trailer for Ritchie's film, but the song and the band themselves appear in the scene in the movie where the titular character beats the shit out of some wanker English bar bouncer.  Also, it gave me the excuse to use the word, "titular."

No comments:

Post a Comment